Before you start following this article you need setup a PPTP or L2TP connection so Lifeguard can automatically get the connection credentials.
You will first need to install VPN Lifeguard. You can get a free version of this software from here.
1. Install VPN Lifeguard.
2. Click on the Config button as seen here:
3. 3. Click on Number Dropdown list, select “1” and then click the Browse button to select the application you want to protect (so the one you want to be closed if your VPN connection goes down):
4. 4. Close the window:
5. 5. Select the PPTP or L2TP connection name that you have created previously and click the Start button to establish the VPN session:
6. 6. You will get confirmation that a connection to TUVPN has been established and the applications that you added in step 3 will also be automatically started:
7. 7. Stop button will disconnect your VPN session and it will also close your selected applications:
And that should be it. Your desired applications will be easily protected in case your VPN connection goes down!